Are you a debut writer or an experienced author from a minority background? Do you have a unique voice and believe you could be the next bestseller? Bloodhound Books, a leading digital publisher, Is looking for one special writer to join their rapidly expanding list.
If you have a complete novel in the commercial crime, thriller, historical or women’s fiction categories, we encourage you to apply now. The winning submission will be offered at least a one-book contract—and their novel will be published within one year from the opening date of the competition.
The winner will work closely with Bloodhound's experienced editorial and marketing team to prepare and launch their novel on 60+ publishing platforms, in both ebook and paperback formats. This exciting competition closes on March 28th and any submission sent in after this date will not be considered.
Full details below.
Rules of Entry
- The title of the email must contain the word competition
- A complete synopsis of the novel must be attached as a word document (maximum 1000 words)
- The complete manuscript (minimum 60,000 words) must be attached as a word document
- A cover letter, and any writing history, should be included in the body of the email
- Please explain how you are a minoirty in the body of the email
About Bloodhound Books
Born in 2015, Bloodhound Books Ltd has become one of the most recognized independent publishers in the UK today. Our partnership with authors guarantees our books are of the highest standard. Titles are published in eBook, digital and print. We work with agents who represent out titles for audio, film and translation and have had huge success in these areas.
One writer will win a minimum one-book contract with Bloodhound Books Ltd and will see the winning submission published within one year of the competition closing date.
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to anyone aged 18 and over.
- Entry instructions are included as Terms and Conditions for this competition.
- Any entry containing incorrect, false or unreadable information will be rejected.
- Any submission that falls outside of the crime, thriller, historical or women’s fiction category will not be considered.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean your entry is not valid, and your entry will be disallowed.
- By entering this competition, the winner agrees that their name and entry may be used for the purpose of announcing the winner and/or distributed to individuals who request details of the winner and in any publicity by Bloodhound Books, without additional payment or permission.
- Any personal information will be used solely for this competition and will not be passed on to any third parties without your consent.
- The winner of the competition will be notified by April 15th, 2022 and selected by the Editorial team. If any details we require from you are not provided within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to select a different winner.
- The prize is subject to availability and non-transferable.
- Bloodhound Books Ltd will not be responsible for any costs, loss, damages or expenses that result from errors or delays in the competition or contract prize.
- Bloodhound Books Ltd are entitled to alter or end the competition at any time and without warning.
- Any losses, costs or expenses which may arise in connection with the competition are not the responsibility of Bloodhound Books Ltd.
- Any disputes leading to the competition will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the sole jurisdiction of English courts.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or any social media platform, or website, on which it may appear.